(1) ELIGIBILITY OF MEMBERSHIP:
(a) Any person a citizen of India having attained the age of 18 (eighteen) years, and who agrees and abides by the aims and objects and Rules and Regulations of this Society irrespective of any Caste, Creed, Sex or Religion and residing within the area of operation of the society or within any part of India, viz CITIZEN’S RIGHTS PROTECTION COMMITTEE, (hereinafter referred to as the said SOCIETY for the sake of convenience).
(2) CONSTITUTION OF SUB-COMMITTEES:
There will be sub-committees at
(a) STATE BODIES SUB-COMMITTEES i.e. in any political state of India officially recognized by the Central Government. The State Bodies shall be directly under the Managing Committee.
(b) DISTRICT BODIES SUBORDINATE COMMITTEES: i.e. the sub-committees appointed within such states where the State
Bodies are constituted. The District Bodies shall report to the State Body and the consolidated reports from the District Bodies shall be forwarded by the State Body to the Managing Committee regularly each quarter.
(c) TALUKA BODIES: i.e. the District Bodies shall appoint such Taluka Level bodies in consultation with the State
Body as may be necessary for effective and smooth conduct the aims and objects of the Society.
(d) WARD BODIES: i.e. under the District and Taluka body there will be such bodies at the ward level as may be necessary.
(3) RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS:
The following are the rights and privileges of members.
(a) Every member of the Society is entitled to participate voluntarily in the working committee and activities of the society.
(b) Every member shall have the right to attend the Annual General Meeting of the Society and to participate in the discussion on the working of the society.
(c) Every member shall have the right to vote on any Agenda, question, raised or discussed in the General Meetings.
(4) SOURCE OF INCOME:
The Source of income of the Society shall be as under:-
i) Admission Membership fees
ii) Annual renewal fees of each category
v) Bank interests etc.
* Powers and Duties of Office Bearers.
1) The president of the society shall preside over the meeting of the Annual General meetings, and all the meeting of the managing committee, with 15 days notice to be served on all the members.
2) He shall sign the minutes of the last annual General Meetings, and all the meetings of the Managing Committee.
3) He shall have power to call the Extra-Ordinary meetings of General Body Meeting.
4) He shall have the casting vote in case a tie over some matter or matters.
5) He shall decide the matters justifiably and equitably.
6) He shall have powers to stop any speaker using objectionable language or personal attacks against any of the members or misbehaving in the meetings.
7) He shall also fix time for every speaker and shall give the rulings in the points of order raised during the discussion.
8) He can refuse discussion on any matter other then the matters on the regular agenda and shall have right to reject any superfluous or meaningless resolution or amendments.
9) He shall have powers to adjourn any meetings in which there is likelihood of disturbances in the meeting because of unruly behavior of the audience in spite of his repeated warnings.
10) He shall have the powers to call the meetings of the managing committee for urgent and special matters.
11) He shall have the power to maintain discipline in the meetings with the help of the powers given to him under the rules and regulations of the society.
12) He shall have the powers to sign the cheques and handle bank account jointly with the treasurer and with anyone or other authorized signatories.
(6) VICE PRESIDENT:
1) The Vice-President shall assist the president.
2) In the absence of the President the Vice President shall shoulder all responsibilities of the President and the powers of the President shall be vested in him.
(7) GENERAL SECRETARY:
1)The General Secretary shall be responsible for office and official correspondence.
2)He shall make all arrangements for holding the meeting of the Managing Committee and of the General Body and other meetings and shall write and record the minutes of the meetings and keep the minutes of such meetings.
3) He shall keep the record of all the correspondence of the society.
4) He shall prepare Agenda for the meetings and place all necessary papers before the meetings.
5) He shall have to act according to the instruction of the Managing Committee.
6) He shall have the power to sign the cheques and handle Bank Accounts jointly with Treasure or other authorized signatories.
(8) JOINT SECRETARY:
1) The Joint Secretary shall assist the General Secretary.
2) In the absence of the General Secretary, the Joint Secretary shall perform all the duties of the General Secretary and all powers of the General Secretary shall be vested in him, except the power to sign the Cheques.
1) The treasurer shall receive admission fees, membership fees, subscription, donations and other amounts receivable by the society.
2) He shall maintain accounts of the society and shall deposit all monies received in the name of the Society into the bank accounts of the society in Bank or Banks approved by the Managing Committee.
3) He shall act according to the instructions of the Managing Committee and shall keep a cash on hand not exceeding Rs.5,000/- (Rupee five thousand only) to meet daily expenses and other out of pocket expenses and keep the receipts, voucher, bills, invoices or other instruments for accounting purposes.
4) He shall place all the relevant papers of the funds of the society in the General Body Meeting and shall do and be answerable to the managing committee in all the matters and finance of the society.
5) He shall submit all the papers in respect of the accounts as and where and when demanded by the auditors appointed by the society for the purpose of auditing the accounts.
6) He shall make the payments towards all expenditures sanctioned by the managing Committee.
7) He shall keep correct and proper accounts of the receipt and expenditures and shall write the cash book and ledger books neatly and properly.
8) He shall have the powers to sign the cheques and handle Bank Account jointly with other signatories.
(10) COMMITTEE MEMBER:
1) The committee member shall assist the Managing Committee in the performance of the Society’s affairs.
2) The committee Members shall vote in the matters in the ordinary course of meetings.